Domiciliary care is a type of care provided to people who still live in their own homes.
Domiciliary care is often the first choice for people who require some extra help either with day-to-day household tasks, clinical care or any other activity that allows them to maintain their independence and quality of life at home.
What is domiciliary care?
Domiciliary care allows those that need ongoing help or medical care to receive the additional support they require in the comfort of their own home, allowing them to retain their independence and live comfortable, fulfilled lives.
At Abafields Home Care Services, we provide wide range of different domiciliary care services, allowing most people to choose a home care service that meets their needs.
Some of the more general domiciliary care services available include help with:
- Personal hygiene
- Food preparation
- Household chores
- Shopping and running errands
Those with high dependency needs can also receive domiciliary care. These patients may require more specialist and clinical care including help with:
- Managing medication.
- Mobility around the home.
- Catheter and stoma care.
- Managing specialist medical equipment.
- Feeding regis including PEG and dysphagia.
Whilst some people may need intensive round the clock domiciliary care, others may only need a carer to visit once or twice a week.
Whatever your care requirements are, our team here at Abafields Home Care can work with you to tailor a care service that suits your needs. Our team are on hand to help as much or as little as required.
Who is domiciliary care suitable for?
Domiciliary care is suitable for people of all ages and with a variety of care needs.
Anyone who requires any level of care and support should consider domiciliary care as it is a convenient, comfortable, and stress-free option that can be tailored to your unique requirements.
Here at Abafields Home Care, our team provide invaluable domiciliary care to people of all ages and health conditions, including:
• The elderly
• Those recovering from an illness or injury
• Those recuperating from surgery
• Those with a mental health condition
• Those undergoing rehabilitation
• Those with physical disabilities
• Those with sensory impairment
• Those with high dependency needs
• Those with dementia/Alzheimer’s
If you’re not sure if our domiciliary care services are suitable for you or a loved one, give our team a call to discuss your requirements and we’ll be happy to advise you.
Benefits of domiciliary care with Abafields Home Care
Domiciliary care is usually the preferred option for those that require care as it involves the least upheaval, allowing the patient to stay in the comfort of their own home, retaining a sense of normality and independence.
Just some of the reasons so many people choose home care when given the choice include:
- Less stress and upheaval – Usually, the alternative to home care is moving to an assisted living community, nursing home, or care home. Receiving the care required in the comfort of your own home is far less stressful than relocating to somewhere unfamiliar.
- Independence – Remaining at home allows you to keep control of your daily routine and retain your independence. Many people feel that receiving care at home also feels more dignified.
- Community – Many people will want to stay close to their local community which may include family, friends, and neighbours that live nearby.
- Cost-effective – Often, paying for home care as and when needed is far more affordable than paying to live in an assisted living community, nursing home, or care home.
- Pets – Receiving care at home makes it easy to keep your pet by your side, when you may need them the most.
How much does domiciliary care cost?
By choosing Abafields Home Care Services for domiciliary care, you’re choosing a fully regulated and managed home care service.
The price of our domiciliary care services is very dependent upon your individual care needs, so please speak to our home care team on 0161 804 5060 for more details.
Our team can also talk you through the funding options that may be available to you, including local authority or continuing healthcare (CHC) funding.
Why choose Abafields Home Care for domiciliary care?
Here at Abafields Home Care our team of highly qualified and professional carers provide domiciliary care to people of all ages in Bolton, Bury, and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
We provide bespoke home care services to complement your requirements perfectly and provide you with the best value for your money.
Our team are available to provide as much or as little domiciliary care as you need, we can provide as little as a couple of hours of care a week or even 24/7 live-in care if required.
To ensure a consistently high-quality care service we are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and only use qualified and professional carers who are employed by us, we don’t use agency staff.
For more information about our domiciliary care services, or to discuss your requirements in more detail, please give our team a call on 0161 804 5060.